Mission, Vision, Values
Girls on the Run Lancaster is an independent council of Girls on the Run International, founded in 1996, by Molly Barker, a visionary, Ironman triathlete. Today, there are over 208 locations across the U.S. & Canada, with new locations added each year. Girls on the Run combines training for a 5k (3.1 miles) event with healthy living education. We use exercise, positive reinforcement, and encouraging role models to help girls discover the confidence they need in those critical pre-teen years and beyond. Through interactive activities such as running, playing games and discussing important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being their unique and real selves. Our hope is that every girl believes and can say, “I belong just the way I am.”
We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others