Become a GOTR Site
Are you interested in hosting a Girls on the Run team at your school or organization for the spring 2015 Season? If so, here’s how:
- Call or email Jennifer, our Program Director, to see if there is already a team at your school or with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org or 629-6329.
- If you are a new volunteer with GOTR, complete a volunteer application. Please indicate which school you would like to be a coach for when completing the application.
- Once your school or organization is clear on what being a site entails, the head coach or site liaison should complete an online Spring 2015 Site application. Upon receipt of the Site Application, our Program Director will be in touch with you.
- Spring 2015 Coach Dates:
Event Time and Place Site Applications Due Date extended! Jan. 30. All site apps are now done online New Coach Training: Choose Only ONE session to attend. Feb. 5th or 25th:
5:30pm -9:00 pm. Location TBA
Online registration opens Feb. 2nd, 8:00 pm www.gotrlancaster.org Online registration closes March 13th 9:00 pm www.gotrlancaster.org Online Lottery System Dates (if your site chooses this). Opens Feb. 2nd 8:00 pm (same time as other sites) and will close Feb. 9th at 8:00 pm. The lottery will be run Feb. 10th Season Dates Weeks of March 2nd-May 18th Mid Season Celebration April 9th, 6:00-8:30 GOTR 5k presented by OAL May 16th, 9:00 am at Franklin and Marshall College Final team celebration (at each individual site with your own team) Either May 18th (Monday practices) or May 19th (Tuesday practices) during your normal scheduled practice time
Participants of Girls on the Run® and their families choose a program fee ranging from $10 to $150. Girls participate equally in the program regardless of the fee their family selects. The actual out of pocket cost to the GOTR program is approximately $150 per girl for the twice per week, ten week program. This $150 covers the full cost of one child’s participation. The following scale is provided for families to choose what they believe they can afford, with the realization that by contributing as much as they can afford, families are helping realize the vision for all girls to participate. Families who have the ability to and are interested in supporting the program beyond the $150 will have an opportunity to sponsor additional girls as well on the participant registration form.
The registration fees support the following areas:
- season t-shirt,
- race t-shirt and race registration,
- end of season gift,
- medals, game pieces,
- supplies for the lessons AND behind the scenes necessities such as:
- liability insurance to protect the girls,
- CPR/First Aid certified coaches,
- intensive coach training,
- background checks on every volunteer,
- coaches’ boxes and materials for the lessons,
- parent Grown-Up Guides,
- end of season celebration and
- GOTR International renewal fees.
The intangible gifts the girls will receive are “an investment of a lifetime”!
|Family Income:||Program Fee:|
|Greater than $55,000||$150.00|
|*Minimum payment is $10.00 per participant|