Become a GOTR Site
Are you interested in hosting a Girls on the Run team at your school or organization for the fall 2015 Season? If so, here’s how:
- Call or email Jennifer, our Program Director, to see if there is already a team at your school or with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org or 629-6329.
- If you are a new volunteer with GOTR, complete a volunteer application. Please indicate which school you would like to be a coach for when completing the application.
- Once your school or organization is clear on what being a site entails, the head coach or site liaison should complete an online Spring 2016 Site application. Upon receipt of the Site Application, our Program Director will be in touch with you.
- Spring 2016 Coach Dates: UPDATE: ALL GOTR and H&S coaches this spring will have to come to a coach training, we are implementing a new training that everyone must come through. Thank you!
Event Time and Place Site Application Deadline, but the sooner the better Jan. 4th, 2016 NEW ADDITION! ALL coaches will need to attend one of the Coach Training sessions (Both New and Returning coaches) NEW ADDITION! ALL coaches will need to attend one of the Coach Training sessions (Both New and Returning coaches) Coach Training: Choose Only ONE session to attend. 5 training options will be offered. Sat, Jan. 16th - 8-1: Calvary Church, 1051 Landis Valley Rd.
Mon, Jan. 18th - 1-6: TBA
Sun, Feb. 7th - 12-5: Willow Valley Retirement Community
Thurs, Feb. 18th - 4:30-9: First United Methodist Church, Walnut St.Lancaster
Sat, Feb. 27th - 8-1: Calvary Church 1051 Landis Valley Rd. (this training is ONLY for last minute sites and coaches). It is 2 days before the season starts.
Online registration opens Jan. 11th. All schools using online registration will be using the lottery style registration. For more information on that, please visit our program information page. Jan. 11th www.gotrlancaster.org Lottery is run. Sites with remaining space available after the lottery is run will reopen for first come first serve registration. Jan. 25th Online registration closes for the season March 11th at midnight www.gotrlancaster.org Season Dates Weeks of Feb. 29th-May 16th Mid Season Celebration April 14th, 5:30-8:30
GOTR 5k presented by OAL. Open to the public May 14th, 9:00 am
Franklin and Marshall College
Final team celebration (at each individual site with your own team) Will vary according to site. All final celebrations are after your season practices are over, will probably be held May 16th or 17th
Participants of Girls on the Run® and their families choose a program fee ranging from $10 to $150. Girls participate equally in the program regardless of the fee their family selects. The actual out of pocket cost to the GOTR program is approximately $150 per girl for the twice per week, ten week program. This $150 covers the full cost of one child’s participation. The following scale is provided for families to choose what they believe they can afford, with the realization that by contributing as much as they can afford, families are helping realize the vision for all girls to participate. Families who have the ability to and are interested in supporting the program beyond the $150 will have an opportunity to sponsor additional girls as well on the participant registration form.
The registration fees support the following areas:
- season t-shirt,
- race t-shirt and race registration,
- end of season gift,
- medals, game pieces,
- supplies for the lessons AND behind the scenes necessities such as:
- liability insurance to protect the girls,
- CPR/First Aid certified coaches,
- intensive coach training,
- background checks on every volunteer,
- coaches’ boxes and materials for the lessons,
- parent Grown-Up Guides,
- end of season celebration and
- GOTR International renewal fees.
The intangible gifts the girls will receive are “an investment of a lifetime”!
|Family Income:||Program Fee:|
|Greater than $55,000||$150.00|
|*Minimum payment is $10.00 per participant|