Become a GOTR Site
Are you interested in hosting a Girls on the Run or Heart and Sole team at your school or organization for the fall 2016 Season? If so, here’s how:
- GOTR Team (3rd-5th grade): Call or email Jennifer, our Program Director, to see if there is already a team at your school or with any questions you may have at email@example.com or 629-6329.
- Heart and Sole Team (6th-8th grade): Call or email Michele Stackhouse, our H&S liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 367-5810.
- If you are a new volunteer with GOTR, complete a volunteer application. Please indicate which school you would like to be a coach for when completing the application. If you are returning email Michele or Jennifer to let them know, you do not need to complete another volunteer application.
- First time site: Once your school or organization is clear on what being a site entails, the head coach or site liaison should complete an online Fall 2016 Site application. Upon receipt of the Site Application, our Program Director will be in touch with you.
- Returning Sites: Complete our (shorter version) site application: Returning Site Application
- Fall 2016 Coach Dates: Who needs to come to a fall training? All new coaches and returning coaches who did not come through a training in the spring.
Time and Place Site Applications Due August. 1st. All site apps are now done online New Coach Training (this training is for new coaches and returning coaches who did not come through training this spring) Only attend one training. *Aug. 18th at Spooky Nook Sports: 5-9 pm
*Aug. 29th at Willow Valley Cultural Center:
*Sept. 10th atCalvary Church, Landis Valley Rd: 8:00 am-12:00 pm
Online Lottery System Dates - all remaining available spots will be open and available for first come first serve registration. Opens Aug. 17th and will close Aug. 26th at midnight. The lottery will be run Aug. 27th. Season Dates ~ the GOTR season will last for two weeks past the 5k. One week for community service projects and the second week for the final celebration. Weeks of Sept. 12th-Nov. 21st. Mid Season Celebration Oct. 13th, 6:00-8:30 GOTR 5k presented by OAL Nov. 12th, 9:00 am at Millersville University Final team celebration (at each individual site with your own team) Week of Nov. 21st during your normal scheduled practice time
Participants of Girls on the Run® and their families choose a program fee ranging from $10 to $150. Girls participate equally in the program regardless of the fee their family selects. The actual out of pocket cost to the GOTR program is approximately $150 per girl for the twice per week, ten week program. This $150 covers the full cost of one child’s participation. The following scale is provided for families to choose what they believe they can afford, with the realization that by contributing as much as they can afford, families are helping realize the vision for all girls to participate. Families who have the ability to and are interested in supporting the program beyond the $150 will have an opportunity to sponsor additional girls as well on the participant registration form.
The registration fees support the following areas:
- season t-shirt,
- race t-shirt and race registration,
- end of season gift,
- medals, game pieces,
- supplies for the lessons AND behind the scenes necessities such as:
- liability insurance to protect the girls,
- CPR/First Aid certified coaches,
- intensive coach training,
- background checks on every volunteer,
- coaches’ boxes and materials for the lessons,
- parent Grown-Up Guides,
- end of season celebration and
- GOTR International renewal fees.
The intangible gifts the girls will receive are “an investment of a lifetime”!
|Family Income:||Program Fee:|
|Greater than $55,000||$150.00|
|*Minimum payment is $10.00 per participant|