SoleMates is Girls on the Run’s charity running program. SoleMates pursue individual goals, such as running a race of any distance, to raise money for local Girls on the Run chapters. You may sign up to run, walk, bike, or swim in the event of your choice and raise money for Girls on the Run of Lancaster, which receives 100% of the funds you raise for scholarships for girls in Lancaster County.
Interested in becoming a SoleMate? If so, please register here!
Why do we run? We run in celebration of health. We are motivated to make a difference in the future of girls by introducing healthy habits and an active lifestyle through running. Some of us want to go fast, some of us want to go far, but we all feel better when we run!
How do I get involved? To register as a SoleMate, please click here. When you register, you will need to enter the name of the event in which you plan to participate as a SoleMate. It could be a 5K, half-marathon, marathon, triathlon, a mileage goal — any athletic endeavor. We support you doing any event at any distance! You must sign up for your chosen event independently from the SoleMates registration (and we recommend that you register for your event of choice prior to registering as a SoleMate). As a SoleMate, you agree to the following fundraising policy:
- raise a minimum of $300 when you pay for your own race entry, or
- raise a minimum of $500 when you receive a free race entry from GOTR Lancaster (with the one exception of our own GOTR 5K, where you may receive a free race entry and raise a minimum of $300).
It is expected that these fundraising minimums will be reached on or before thirty (30) days after completing the race of your choice. If you do not reach your fundraising minimum, you will be personally responsible for this amount.
What support do you receive from Girls on the Run?
- Easy online registration process
- Exclusive technical t-shirt
- Online training plans to fine-tune your training
- Simple online fundraising
- 20% discount at the Inside Track
- Discounts on Garmin watches
- Potential for participation in “in person” group training runs
- Inspirational emails from Girls on the Run to keep you motivated
- Extra motivation of running for a reason – to change the lives of girls!
We are here to empower you to use running to make a difference in the lives of our girls. Thank you for choosing SoleMates, and best wishes as you “go to your happy pace.”
For more additional information and stories from our SoleMates, please visit our GOTR Lancaster SoleMates Blog!
Additional questions? Contact Lori Kapferer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to donate money to a SoleMate, please click on a SoleMate’s name below.