Are you interested in hosting a Girls on the Run team at your school or organization for the spring 2013 Season? If so, here’s how:
Call or email Jennifer, our Program Director, with and questions you may have at email@example.com or 629-6329. Complete a volunteer application. Once your school or organization is clear on what being a site entails, print and complete a Fall 2013 Site Application and email or mail to: GOTR, P.O. Box 262, Landisville, PA 17538. Upon receipt of the Site Application, our Program Director will be in touch with you to set up an informational meeting and site visit.
Here are some important dates for our fall 2013 season. Please be sure that you are able to commit to these dates as a coach. Thank you!
* Please note that online registration will begin August 20th, which is BEFORE school starts!
Fall 2013 Season Dates for Coaches *Note: coaches only need to attend ONE of the training sessions: new or returning coaches. Coach training is mandatory for all coaches!
|July 24th (Wednesday):
New Coaches Training
|July 25th (Thursday):
Returning Coaches Training
|August 20th: 8:00 pm
Online registration begins!
*Sites using paper forms, registration will begin the first week of school.
|August 21st (Wednesday)
Returning Coaches Training
|August 24th (Saturday)
New Coaches Training
9:00 am-2:00 pm
|September 9th or 10th-
GOTR Fall 2013 Season Begins!
|October 10th (Thursday):
Mid Season Coaches celebration/meeting
All coaches are encouraged to attend!
|November 16th (Saturday):
GOTR 5k presented by OAL.
Time and location TBA
|November 18th or 19th:
Last GOTR practice- this will be your end of season celebration!
|** CPR/First Aid training dates and times are TBA
Site Applications Due: January 1st
Registration Opens: Sites beginning with A-I register on Feb. 20th at 8:00 p.m.
Sites J-Z register on Feb. 21st at 8:00 p.m.
Coaches Training:Sat., Feb. 23rd – Washington Elementary School, 545 South Ann St., Lancaster 17602
Returning coaches 8:30-10:00
New Coaches 9:45-3:00
CPR/First Aid Certification: will be held at the Health Campus in late Feb./early March. Exact dates will be coming.
Registration Confirmed and Rosters Set/No Refunds: March 25th
Season Begins: week of March 11th
Mid-Season Coaches’ meeting and Season Celebration: April 18th from 5:30-8:30
Girls on the Run 5k: May 18th at 9:00, F&M
Final Celebration with the girls will be May 20th or 21st (to be held at individual sites)
Participants of Girls on the Run® and their families choose a program fee ranging from $10 to $150. Girls participate equally in the program regardless of the fee their family selects. The actual out of pocket cost to the GOTR program is approximately $150 per girl for the twice per week, ten week program. This $150 covers the full cost of one child’s participation. The following scale is provided for families to choose what they believe they can afford, with the realization that by contributing as much as they can afford, families are helping realize the vision for all girls to participate. Families who have the ability to and are interested in supporting the program beyond the $150 will have an opportunity to sponsor additional girls as well on the participant registration form.
The registration fees support the following areas:
- season t-shirt,
- race t-shirt and race registration,
- end of season gift,
- medals, game pieces,
- supplies for the lessons AND behind the scenes necessities such as:
- liability insurance to protect the girls,
- CPR/First Aid certified coaches,
- intensive coach training,
- background checks on every volunteer,
- coaches’ boxes and materials for the lessons,
- parent Grown-Up Guides,
- end of season celebration and
- GOTR International renewal fees.
The intangible gifts the girls will receive are “an investment of a lifetime”!
|Greater than $55,000
|$45,000 – $54,999
|$35,000 – $44,999
|$25,000 – $34,999
|$20,000 – $24,999
|$0 – $19,000
** Minimum payment is $10.00 per participant
Liaison Role Description
Girls on the Run of Lancaster County
- Complete site application; gain signature of principal (or director of community agency) in support of hosting GOTR
- Secure practice space for GOTR for 1 hour and 15 minutes, two days per week for each team – INDOOR AND OUTDOOR
- Distribute registration flyers, and other GOTR materials to third through fifth grade girls
- Meet with coaches to introduce yourself one time prior to the start of the season
- Provide occasional feedback to GOTR organization
- Maintain regular communication with coach regarding program and facility
- Intervene with GOTR families, if assistance is needed
- Identify language barriers, notify Council Director when assistance is needed
- Assist in the recruitment of coaches for the site (two per team)
- Attend at least one on-site GOTR practice
- Assist coaches in identifying and reserving space for end of season celebration, if needed